Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lots and lots of baby birds

My birds have been very busy this summer and have given me lots of babies.  I have Gouldians, Owls, Zebras, Societies, Lovebirds, Scarlet Chested Parakeets and Pionus.  I no longer have the Pionus, they went to their new forever homes.  But at the show next week there will be lots of finches.  I forgot, I also have several canaries too.  Some will be going to their new home on Saturday, and maybe some others before the show. 
New babies for me are Chestnut Sided Zebra finches.  I got the pair about 2 or 3 months ago and I have 3 new babies that fledged today.  They are very cute, almost a silver color.  NOT gray, but a silver, they will get a chestnut color on their sides and under the tail like the parents.  I will try to get another pr soon that is unrelated to mine so people can buy prs. 
My new favorite of all is the Zowls.  They are a cross of a Zebra finch and an Owl finch.  Two little cuties that sing all they time.  They are clutchmates but they are never far apart.  They are staying with me, I enjoy them too much.   They sound like owls and look very striking.  Love em. 

No comments:

Post a Comment