Friday, October 21, 2011

BIG Birds

Most of my comments are on the smaller finches.  This is the type of bird I have the most of, however I have several large hookbills such as Macaws, Pionus, African Grey, Conures, Rosellas, Parakeets and Linnies. 
I try to have the majority of the larger birds such as the Macaws, Pionus and African Grey on a pelleted diet, however the smaller birds do get a mix of pellets and seed.  They are all very healthy and active birds. 
One of the items I do follow with ALL my birds is to give them plenty of light.  Just like us, if we are stuck in a dark room, we don't feel happy and content, birds I feel are the same.  My birds are more vocal, talking and active with lots of light.
One little tidbit I like to share is my Military Macaw is so funny.  When the other birds start to yell and make lots of noise, its the voice of George who stops them from going at it too long.  When I hear them all screaming (not often, but they do, they are birds after all) I hear George yell, " That's enough!.  Knock it off" then he starts telling them by name "Chloe,  that's enough!"  "Good Girl", when she quiets down.  I tell you, it is the funniest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment