Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby Black Mask Blue Lovebirds

Good afternoon, I had to share.  My pair of blackmasked blue lovebirds had 6 eggs and when I checked yesterday, 3 had just hatched.  Maybe there will be more hatched babies today when I look.

I'm getting ready for a bird show on Oct 23rd, lots of finches to sell.  Zebras, Societies, Owl Finches and Lady Gouldians, I also have a couple of canaries.  Its in Collinsville IL, hope lots of people show up.

The tip for today, when trying to breed your finches, be careful of the nesting material you choose.  Never use any kind of string or fabric, it can get caught around toes and feet and can be impossible to get off once it is embedded into the skin.  Birds have been known to loose toes and feet because of this type of nesting material.  Always use natural materials like Sisal, coco fiber or Excelsior moss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment