Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finch Pellets

Besides the many other foods I feed my birds, one that they seem to love and thrive on is La Febers Finch Pellets.  My canaries love it too.  It is a great "soft food" when they have babies.  I always have this in a separate dish for all my finches.  I have been using this product for about 6 yrs.  If you have lots of finches as I do, it is cheaper to buy it in #5 or larger containers.  I have gotten it at the feed store in #25 box, that's the cheapest.  No fancy packaging but the birds don't care.

I also love egg food for my birds and usually have both the finch pellets and the egg food.  I really like the Miracle Meal egg food, and have tried several times to become a distributor, but have so far been unlucky in getting the company to call me back.  I really like this food.  It has helped greatly in the breeding of my finches.  I don't know if its the nutrition before they lay the eggs or the better soft food they feed to the babies.  All I know is I got a lot more babies using Miracle Meal than regular commercial egg food.  I go through a lot of egg food, and if I hadn't found it commercially in a #20 bag from Higgens, I would be making my own.  I have not been able to find a recipe that I trust to remain in the cage for more than 2 hours.  I know the commercial food has more preservatives in it, but I feel safer with that than making something that may become rancid in a few hours.

To come I will talk about Feeding Frozen Veggies.  MMMMMMMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment